February 15, 2012

Day 86

The Happy: Valetine's Day Surprise

This was me the morning of February 14th.  In essence, I had accepted the fact that this year I would not have a Valentine, and W would have to do.  He's pouting also, if you look closely.

And then a boy left these at my doorstep.
I'm not going to say who gave them to me because...I don't know, it meant so much to me.  It will feel less special if I say.  But I will tell you, it was the last person I was expecting to receive even a 'Happy Valentine's Day" text, no less a dozen roses, from.
I know this particular individual for always having an element of surprise.  Always.
He doesn't like holidays, and won't even celebrate his own birthday unless I or one of his sisters makes him.
I have no idea what I did to deserve a gesture so overwhelming as making clear that despite all, I'm still worth caring a lot about.  Yeah, this one got to me.
For heaven's sake, I wear pigtails and not-cute indie crap (I couldn't pull off the cute stuff if I tried, anyway) to school because I don't want to date anybody and this look satisfies my intention of being slightly guy-repellent when on campus.  How in the world do you give a girl with that mindset THE BEST Valentine's Day ever?  There's only one person I know who can do that.

Love, Happy Girl

1 comment:

Warren said...

Vomit in my mouth. Just kidding Juliet your'e cute.