February 9, 2012

Day 81

The Happy: My mom's take on Dubstep music

Sometimes I'm embarrassed that I like it.  
I'm not a raver, I'm not in support of removing my clothes in public, I can't stand flashing lights, I think it is the WoW of music, I find it unsettling, unbeautiful, and in complete clash with french and country music (my favorites), and if I'd heard it as a little girl, I would have run away screaming.
Add that to the fact that my uncle, Sam Cardon, is one of the most talented music composers in Utah/America/Ever, and I'm pretty much ashamed to the point of self-disowning for my liking this crap.
But like it, I do.  Brother does as well.

So my mom sent me this email in response.

Subject line: ACT definitions my loser kids should study

Dubstep (n): The only form of music where credit can be taken for stealing another artist's musical accomplishments and mashing them together with random noise/boosted bass. This is not a remix of the original song, it is the slow, painful murder of it via facerolling on a keyboard while using FruityLoops or another similar, poorly fitted editing software. Generally enjoyed by people on rave drugs or with poor knowledge of the musical world.  A form of electronic music characterized by heavy baselines. Played at parties where everyone is too high and/or drunk to realize how terrible the music is.
"Womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp" -Heard from a dubstep party.

Well, all my love.
Happy Girl

No comments: