February 6, 2012

Day 78

The Happy: Wacking my sewing skills back into shape
So for Valentines Day (the one I'm not celebrating this year) (at least not with any significant other) I want to make a box-pleated or gathered full skirt, preferably with taffeta so it poofs out a lot, and so I can practice dealing rationally with annoying things, like taffeta.  That area's screaming for improvement.  I've become the type of person who googles coping mechanisms.  I had to do it the other day actually - I'm not much for the second floor of the library, and I can't walk on it anymore without becoming disgruntled, but I dared test myself last week rather than take the elevator.
I ended up investing 20 minutes in useless online tips for "how to make it go away when you're pissed."
I don't want to hear breathe or drink some water or you're on a beach.
I want something solid, like "mix the juice of two lemons with half a cup of whatever and then do 4 push ups while singing a Christmas carol."
Like something legit.

...sorry

Skirt.
  Ideally, it will be black and white stripes with a pink waistband and an exposed gold zipper.  
I just don't know if I'll actually get around to doing it, but hopefully.

Love, Happy Girl

1 comment:

Tiffany Caldas said...

I want to learn how to sew a skirt like that :-)