April 12, 2012

Day 142

The Happy: CC & co. (Crowder-Cardon & Company)

 Visiting Emilee, Lacey, and Summer
Wednesday was spent discussing the non-breadwinning business Em and I are planning to start once her
 dad figures out a way to make the idea's success rate a lot less pitiful.
Essentially, the friendship bracelets we painstakingly make will travel the universe.

15 Ways to tell if you're a legit friendship bracelet maker:
1. Electric blue is a go-to color.
2.  Seeing a massive box of at least 300 embroidery threads doesn't even phase you anymore.
3. The four most irritating words you'll ever hear are "can you teach me?"  You're so beyond teaching.
4.  When in the zone, little else matters.
5. Even if they're not your favorite colors, you remain very aware of how much black/white thread somebody else takes from you.  It's the same feeling as when one asks to "borrow" chocolate milk/expensive shaving cream.  Maybe I'm just bad at sharing.
6.  When preparing your selected threads to be cut, you use pre-set methods of measurement.  For instance, I know that from the grip of my left finger to my left arm pit + 2 inches is the perfect size for a 5 to 7 strander.  And to the right arm pit if making it for a boy.
7.  YOU LOVE WHEN BOYS ASK YOU TO MAKE THEM ONE.  Are you kidding me?  I'll make you five.
8.  Newbs call you "the queen" and you respond with an "oh, don't be silly" smile that translates in your head to "bless their souls, they don't even know the half of it."
9.  Insolent people.  You know the ones.... "I see you're slaving away at a friendship bracelet.  Can I have it?"  You only stare.  "I'm sorry, did you just ask if you could have one of my kidneys?"
10.  You love when you finally get to babysit a girl who's mature enough to not dare ask if she can have your masterpieces, and you suddenly become aware of her divine potential for this trade.
10 b.  ..she could be the next me...
11.  Sometimes the group of spectators gets so large that you think to yourself "Pshh...I'll show you amazing" and you whip out your armor of *freaky fast fingers* (the blurry ones you don't always use, because it is actually quite exhausting to do and more just for show) and the spectators' bodies melt, making one with the earth's mantle.  Success.
12. You practice *freaky fast fingers* on your own every couple of months, just to see if you've still got 'em.
13.  IT IS NOT ALL FUN AND GAMES, D*MMIT.  IT IS NOT!
14.  A friendship bracelet dies (breaks).  Reverence.  An ensuing burial.
15.  You know who Heather is.  This one's more of a respectable bonus.
 "Every Wednesday is the best day of the whole world........or else."
-direct quote from Wednesday Addams

Love, Happy Girl

No comments: