May 14, 2012

Day 174

The Happy: The Color Green

My mom is surely the most colorful individual I've ever known, but if I were to relegate her to just one color, it would have to be her favorite: green.  A symbol of many things, it is above all representative of life.
My mom is full of life.  Her energy, passion, and wit is unmatched.  I've learned from my mom to fear less, to have faith, to work hard, to identify quality, to be slower to take offense, to stand up for myself, to adore animals and elderly women, to ask questions, to converse, to pull the sheets tight when making my bed (on the rare occasion that that actually happens), to maintain a sense of humor, to make good sandwiches, to be healthy, to stay loyal to family and friends, to listen, to take things seriously, to not take things seriously, to be conservative, to love Cary Grant, to be myself, to millions-of-things.
I love her. I'm blessed to be her daughter.

Happy Mother's Day

Love, Happy Girl

No comments: