May 10, 2012

Day 170

The Happy: The Moldy Panini Argument - Juliet vs. her mother
A rendition that is exaggerated but still kind of accurate.
Ju: Mom, I'm not using that rye bread for my panini, it's covered in mold.
Liz: The world is full of mold.
Ju: I'm not scared of it, I just don't feel like cutting it off.  It takes too long.
Liz: The world is full of mold.
Ju: I know, I'm not afraid of it, I would just rather not consciously eat it.
Liz: The world is full of mold.
Ju: I don't want to eat mold.
Liz: The world is full of mold.  Eating it is inevitable.  Cut it off.  The world is full of mold.
Ju: I don't want to look at it when I'm eating it.
Liz: Too bad.
Ju: That's like asking me to lick someone's zits.
Liz: It is completely different.
Ju: Okay well it's like asking you to eat mayonnaise.
Liz: NO ONE SAYS 'MAYONNAISE' IN MY PRESENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ju: mayonnaise mayonnaise mayonnaise mayonnaise mayonnaise mayonnaise mayonnaise
Liz: The world is full of mold.
Ju: Mold is not a food.
Liz: Well it's not not a food

I'm laughing now, but at the time, no one was.

I found out Franco Zeffirelli, the Italian movie producer, photographed my Uncle Tommy years ago as a potential lead for a movie that Zeff ultimately chose Tom Cruise for.  Merry Wednesday.

Love, Happy Girl

No comments: