May 8, 2012

Day 167

The Happy: Horse Therapy

It's a legitimate remedial source, okay?
                                                       ....i have a website to prove it
Horse Therapy Website
Stopped by the Rock Creek Horse Center in DC.  My grandparents took me here growing up.  Papa Snookums, the green horse I always loved, has since kicked the bucket.
My visit made me miss riding so much.  I become such a prideshow when I visit stables with other people.
Me: "You're probably wondering what that wooden thing with all the bristles is.  That's a brush.  See, I used to ride horses..."
Other People: "Well what's that pointy metal hook thing?" 
Me: I have no freaking idea what that is... "Ha...oh my, I remember using these things.  Those were the days.  Yes siree. They certainly were." Lowers voice.  "This is a shmffrmrmrf..."

I liked most of the horses, but Clever had the best manners, so he gets featured on the blog.
After, I went to visit my grandmother in her nursing home.
Everything there smells like melted plastic skin that's been chilled in the refrigerator, and then sat on the counter for a few days. There's like this impervious wall of scent that just absolutely knocks me over when I open the door (really fast, out of spite for the metal plaque that says "open slowly").
And then I went back to the Bogdan's for crabcakes, steak, spanakopita, and other things that taste like a real live man made it.

Love, Happy Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this post so much. haha. I rode horses for two years and still have my riding boots...like just in case? I really miss it. Totally with you on the nursing homes...that smell. Whyyy does every place have that? Even the super nice ones. So nice of you to go spend time with your grandmother, I'm sure she appreciated it!