January 28, 2012

Day 68

The Happy: Cabbage Head
Did I buy the biggest one you've ever seen, or did I buy the biggest one you've ever seen?

Mental Vomit Time
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of enjoying an assortment of flirtatious text messages between myself and one of my more attractive friends from home, during which he mentioned that he lives in the "real world," which was another way of saying I don't.  No I wasn't offended - A) he's gorgeous, B) he buys me nice things, and C) he's right.  P-town suffers a serious case of Feels-Like-A-Disney-Movie.  I'm not saying it's bad.  I'm not even saying I'm sick of it.  I'm just saying that it does.  I overheard a (married) 19-year-old the other day talking about how she just wanted to get done with her degree already (for a major she hates) and have kids to avoid getting a job.  Be 19.  Have kids.  Fine.  But don't have kids to avoid doing something else, and if you do, don't tell people.  It makes me feel uncomfortable.  I would have vocalized my discontent.  It's just that I didn't really know her and stuff, so...
BUT MAN YOU IS CRAZY GIRL.

Ariel, I'm asking - you're a 16-year-old mermaid, it is implied that you aren't exactly well-versed in realistic relationships (considering those you hold with various "dinglehoppers" and so forth), aiming for a pair great legs (aren't we all?) for the purpose of marrying Prince Eric, the man of the hour (litearlly...or almost literally, she's only known him for a few). What if it doesn't work out?
I'll make it work out.
Oh, good.

Love, Happy Girl

P.S. All 4 of my closest girlfriends got married when they were 20 or 21. They are with fabulous people that are perfect for them, and I couldn't be any happier. Have a good evening, Disneytown.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

OMG GIVE ME HER NAME JU!!! I'll facebook message her and tell her to get her head on straight, change her major because shes only in the middle of college, and get a degree because its one of the most valuable things you can have. what if your husband leaves you in 20 years, sweetheart? whatcha gonna do???!! baaahahha thanks for sharing this awesome story! lol