June 21, 2012

Day 207

The Happy: I LOVE MIDTOWN
I was out with KK on Friday, when my friend invited me to attend a DC club. My relatively large zone of comfort was being pushed way too rapidly.  You have an irrational fear of poodles?  I have an irrational fear of clubs.  I would have even endured laser tagging if it meant I didn't have to brave this.
Kaile said I absolutely had to go though.  Just because.  And that was all there was to it.

What I thought it would be like:
This does not even look remotely fun to me.  Pictures like this bring upon me the fetal position.
I have no idea where my clubbing fear comes from.  
And this is just clubs.  Raves?  Music Festivals?  The Electric Daisy Carnival? NUNCA. No no no no. I don't even know what that is.
But once we got there, and I remembered that I love dancing, this was how I felt for the rest of the night:
I'm serious, it was the most fun I've had since my gummy buffet birthday party, and no one was mean to me for asking the bartender if I could just have some water.  Yay.  Fear overcome.

Love, Happy Girl

1 comment:

Lauren Elizabeth said...

yay!!! let's go to Clarendon Ballroom next!! I love going dancing :)